Monday, March 9, 2015

Heavenly Sunshine!

Today we had our first FULL day of sunshine! It was a warm 14 degrees...Celsius that is. That would make it 57 degrees Fahrenheit. When we opened our windows for our daily 10 minute ritual, I'll tell you why a little later, we actually left them open and didn't have to wear our coats and bundle up in blankets. Lately, it's been getting warmer but it's overcast so it seems colder than it really is. The lieblings and I decided to go play at the playground in front of our building. We even made friends with a family of four with a little boy that just turned four in February and a little girl that turned two in January. Quentin was soooooooo excited to have a little boy his age to play with! He was running and screaming joyfully the whole two hours we were outside! In fact, he was running around so much I couldn't get a clear picture of him. This is the best one I got! His new friend, Ian, is right behind him with the sunglasses.
Here's a couple of LeiLei. She is such a dare devil compared to Quentin when he was her age. Sometimes I have a hard time letting her do the things she wants to do because I think it's too dangerous. When in reality, I'm just used to Quinn being very cautious. She conquered the rope bridge and was exultant when she made it to the other end!
Hey Rikki, what does this last pic remind you of? It reminds me of a photo you took in high school of a beetle on a mushroom. I still have that photo, I love it! The next selection of pics are when we went exploring other playgrounds last week and realized that, even though we had a window of sunshine, it was WAY TOO COLD!
(If I was Rikki, I would combine these last two pics with their funny little faces.)
(P.S. The reason we have to open all of the windows in the apartment everyday for 10-15 minutes, is because the building is concrete and mold can grow very easily and ruin the apartment. The cooler fresh air circulating through the apartment helps to keep the mold away. It was an unpleasant thing to bear when it was 20 degrees colder.)
Danke Schoen Grandma Alice for my cozy blanket!

2 comments:

  1. Layna, you are a trooper to go from warm and humid Hawaii to cold and cloudy Europe! AMAZING! I admire you. Those 2 little ones look like they could not be any happier, you are a good good mama! Squeeze those cheeksies for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those smiles are SO BIG! I don't think they come any cuter!! I do remember that beetle pic, it was one of my first. When I become crazy famous it'll be worth millions (just a conservative estimate). I love checking your blog... Keep those pics coming!

    ReplyDelete